Netgear XS728T Managed L2+/L3 10G Ethernet (100/1000/10000) Black
The NETGEAR XS708T, XS716T, XS728T, and XS748T are powerful Smart Managed Switches that come with 8, 16, 24, or 44 10-Gigabit Copper ports and either 2 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ ports (XS708T/XS716T) or 4 additional Dedicated SFP+ ports (XS728T/XS748T) for 10G Fiber links. The NETGEAR 10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. They can be used at the “center of a small business network” or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a 10‑Gigabit NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge. The XS708T and XS716T are also ideal for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like video or animation.
Comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite Features
- The 10G Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocol-based VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/ L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
- 10GBASE-T, like other BASE-T technologies, uses the standard RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5 / Cat 5e are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or newer Cat 7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Designed as a Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 support
- Static routing helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping provide advanced multicast filtering
Act as an Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80‑Gbps connection
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE® LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
Install hardware to customer specification
Install Operating System and perform Windows updates
Configure hard drives in specified RAID
Install any customer specific BIOS/Firmware settings
Install server role services specified by the customer
Full Soak Test (12/24 hour)
Create customers asset tag/register
PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection
Standard Delivery (2 Working Days)
£7 per order
Free Delivery (7 days)
Working days are Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Order cut-off time is 4pm, orders received after 4pm will be processed on the next working day.
Weight/Size/Post Code exceptions apply, please read our Terms & Conditions for full details. Prices subject to VAT.
Delivery prices based on deliveries upto 20kg in weight, weights exceeding 20kg may incur delivery surcharges.
APC UPS products are excluded from free delivery due to their heavy weight.
Quoted delivery timescales are based on information provided by shipping partners, on occasion these can vary and we can not be held responsible for this.
All delivery services require a signature on delivery, please ensure someone will be available to sign.